I used canning jar lids for this project. These are plastic and I purchased them at Walmart. The rest of the supplies(except candy) are Stampin'Up. I love the patterned paper I used for the flower. Love those polka dots!
Here is the Supply List:
- Rose Red Cardstock #102544
- Subtles DSP (So Saffron & Wild Wasabi) #117152
- In Color Dahlia's #127556
- Blossom Punch #125603
- 2 1/2 " Circle Punch #120906
- Scallop Square Punch #119884
- Full Heart Punch (I used for Leaves) #119883
- Embosslits Beautiful Wings #118138 (for Butterfly)
- Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon #119963
- Hostess Stamp Set Postage Collection #129240(new Hostess set available May 31st)
- Linen Thread #104199
- Sticky Strip #104294
- Mini Glue Dots #103683
- Stampin 'Up Window sheet#114323
Here's the How to:
- Cut a piece of window sheet 9"x 3" high.
- I used sticky strip to glue the ends together and I place a strip of sticky strip at the very bottom of the now cylinder shaped window sheet.(as shown)
- Punch a 2 1/2 in Rose Red Circle with the 21/2" Circle punch to fit on top of the lid. This will be the top.
- Note: You Will Only Glue one side of the lid to the window sheet, so you can open and close the container.
- Next you will make the Flower. Punch 5 Blossoms with the Blossom Punch.
- One, you will cut a slit in between 2 petals( only cut to the center of the flower) You will need to overlap the area you cut to form one of the layers of the flower and glue edges together.
- One you cut out one whole petal of the blossom. Glue edges together to form next layer of flower.
- One you will cut two petals of the blossom. Glue edges together to form center of flower.
- Layer as follows:
- The two solid blossoms will be the bottom two, next will be the blossom you made one cut in, next the one you cut one petal from, and finally the one you cut two petals from. When you glue the edges of each one you will see how the flower is developing. (the petals will be getting gradually smaller.)
- Glue all the layers of the flower together and glue the leaves to the back of the flower. Glue a Dahlia to the center and glue the flower to the top of the jar lid.
- Stamp whisper white cardstock with the Postage collection stamp set and punch out with the scallop square punch . Add butterfly .
Wrap certainly celery ribbon around top and bottom of lid, Make a bow on top, add sentiment with linen thread . Add candy of your choice.
I hope you will try to make one of your own, If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will get back to you.
THANKS ! HAVE A GREAT DAY! HAPPY PAPERCRAFTING!
Please remember if you would like to purchase any of these products just click my SHOP button.
I would really appreciate it!